Amazon Cruise Brazil | 4 days
Come aboard on a 4-day Amazon River Cruise in Brazil. Visit indigenous communities along the Anavilhanas, the largest river archipelago in the world!
Embark on a classical schooner that offers guests the old-world charm and a comfortable, intimate atmosphere on Brazil’s mighty Amazon. The only one of its kind in the region, this unique vessel has been gracefully pioneering navigation in the region for over 25 years, blending all the comforts of small group activities with the joy of personal exploration and discovery.
Get up early to watch the sunrise and see thousands of birds emerge from their nighttime hideouts in search of breakfast, embark on a fishing expedition to catch one of the hundreds of species found in the river, including the aggressive piranha, feed curious squirrel monkeys or learn more about the indigenous lifestyle from local communities. The rest of the day is spent exploring the rivers and life of the largest ecosystem in the world.
4-day Amazon River Cruise Brazil Itinerary
The itinerary can change due to climate conditions or any factor that the host judges as dangerous to the integrity of the group.
Day 1 - Welcome aboard!
Depart from the pier in Manaus to board at 2 pm, your floating hotel for the next three nights. Once on board, a welcome cocktail with snacks and drinks will be served while the guide provides useful information about the Amazon, the boat, and details of the program. Start sailing bound the archipelago of Anavilhanas, the largest river archipelago in the world. In the evening, guests will enjoy a pleasant walk in motorized canoes for local recognition, and an opportunity to hear the sounds of the jungle.
Day 2 - The Anavilhanas Islands
Early morning, boat ride to admire the sunrise in the forest and the nature songs. By motorized canoes, after a pleasant river expedition, stop in land for an interesting jungle trek to explore the fauna and flora, getting in touch with one of the earth's most diverse biome! Returning to the ship, we lunch on board while cruising towards the indigenous community Terra Preta, whose visit is an opportunity to meet their lifestyle and habits. We keep on the water's flowing towards for another visit, at this time, to the Jaraqui Village. Having dinner on the boat's upper deck, we end the day.
Day 3 - Meeting of the Waters
Breakfast on board and sail to Acajatuba, a local village. On the way, stop at the floating station Recanto dos Botos to interact with the Pink Dolphin and feed the famous fish Pirarucu, known as the cod of the Amazon. Lunch on board. Departure and navigate along the Negro River towards the borders of the Solimões until reaching the Meeting of Waters, where the Negro and Solimões rivers meet to form the great Amazon River. The cruise continues to Janauari Lake for another exciting experience, fishing the Piranha, the dreaded Amazonian fish. Dinner on board. After dinner, canoe rides along the streams in search of Caimans and other nocturnal animals with flashlights. Return aboard. Overnight.
Day 4 - Exploring the River
After another tropical breakfast, depart to see the giants and beautiful Amazonian water lilies while navigating back to the city of Manaus, arriving at 11 am.
Life on Board Amazon Cruise Brazil
This great 34-meter three-masted sailing ship is truly a sight to behold. As you board Manaus, the dedicated and experienced crew will welcome you to explore the relaxing lobby, bar, and acclimatized restaurant with panoramic views. The amazing sun deck is the perfect spot for taking in the sunset as you journey along the Rio Negro, the legendary Amazon River, and the Anavilhanas Islands. With only 12 cabins, the boat is small enough for you to get to know all of your fellow travelers but still spacious enough to provide comfort and casual elegance. At the night’s end, after you have enjoyed the homemade regional and international cuisine in the restaurant, your cozy lower or upper deck cabin, with private facilities and air-conditioning, will be waiting for you.
Departing from Manaus, the capital of the State of Amazonas, to navigate mainly through the Anavilhanas Archipelago and its igarapés (permanent river channels) and Igapós (non-permanent river channels).
In the care of an internationally recognized cuisine and providing a diversified menu, the regional flavors creations will guarantee you many surprises along the way.
The matrimonial cabins feature a wardrobe and a safe box for guests to store their belongings and valuables. They are fully carpeted and air-conditioned to ensure the guests' comfort. The private bathrooms are accompanied by a hairdryer and amenities like shampoo, shower gel, and tissue.
Price for a 4-day Amazon Cruise in Brazil
Starts from USD 1.724,00 per person, depending on the type of cabin and number of people.
What is included
- Transfer to Manaus Airport or hotel / Marina Aguas Claras
- Transfer Marina Aguas Claras / Airport or hotel
- Guide specialized in Amazon (Languages: Portuguese, Spanish, and English)
- Personal accident insurance per passenger, description of the coverage item below;
- Special Welcome Drink (drinks and canapés);
- 3 breakfasts;
- 2 lunches;
- 3 dinners;
- Mineral water in a 350 ml bottle served with all meals and excursions;
- Cabin amenities;
- The boat offers a varied menu of national and imported drinks, with payment at check-out, by credit card or local currency.
- Passengers are not allowed to enter with any type of drink.
- Jungle trekking;
- Piranha fishing;
- Integration with pink dolphins;
- Bird watching at dawn;
- Observation of nocturnal habits in the jungle;
- Alligator focus;
- Visit the indigenous community;
- Vitorias regias (according to the season);
- Meeting of the Waters
Cancellation and Refund Rules
- Cancellation up to 30 days before departure, refund, or credit for rebooking.
- Cancellation less than 30 days prior to departure without refund or cancellation credit.
- Cancellation of the trip by the MV Challenge team due to a force majeure refund within 12 months in accordance with LAW No. 14,046, of August 24, 2020.
Passenger insurance included per trip
- Type of insurance: personal accident insurance
- Validity: 4 days according to the program booked/li>
- Insured Group: Tourists
- Policy: Electronics 1 day before and each departure
- Solid wood
- 12 double cabins
- 2 motorized canoes for tours /40 HP
- 2 MWM 250 HP engines each
- 2 66 kWh generators
- 19,000-liter fuel tanks
- 15,000-liter thermal water tanks
- 2 thermal tanks of 250L each (heated by solar energy)
- Private bathrooms in all cabins
- Wardrobe in cabins
- Indirect lighting
- Individual air conditioning in all cabins with digital control
- Panoramic restaurant
- Solarium (external area with loungers)
POST A COMMENT