This experience invites us to immerse ourselves in the world of Cocoa and Chocolate, knowing its history, heritage and gastronomy through bucolic farms secular and diverse landscapes marked by the strength and diversity of the Atlantic Forest, protected in this region, by a mosaic of Conservation Units, rivers, lagoons and waterfalls of clear waters, as well as deserted beaches, perfect for a dive after a sweaty day of cycling.
During three days of pedaling, we will cross about 115 km and climb 2,600 meters, passing by the Environmental Protected Areas of the Enchanted Lagoon, the Itacaré / Serra Grande Coast, considered Unesco Biosphere Reserve for its beauty and natural diversity of fauna and flora and Serra do Condurú State Park, which houses the second-largest diversity of trees on the planet per hectare. We will visit the charming village of Serra Grande and the historic village of Taboquinhas, as well as a series of breathtaking natural attractions on guided walks safely and comfortably.
We will recharge the energies hosted in authentic Cocoa Farms, where we will learn about the process of cultivation and processing of the most famous fruit of the region, and preparation of Chocolate.
We'll also have a luggage transfer service and support car throughout the ride, allowing you to pedal light and get a ride if you need to rest or are unwilling to face that sinister climb. More than a bike ride, this is a journey of sensory and cultural immersion in the identity of one of the most beautiful, yet little known, regions of this blessed land - one that blends into a state of mind - called Bahia!
Day 1 - Start from Ilhéus, Rio Almada
The starting point of our adventure will be the Provisão Farm (Ilhéus), located on the banks of the Almada River, and with an architectural set (Chapel and Casa Sede) built in a colonial style in the mid-'70s. We will be staying in the Casa Sede, perfect setting to get in touch with the history of the region, with the same comfort enjoyed by the colonels. After lunch, we will cool off in Rio Almada, and chat about the trip schedule and safety instructions during the pedal. Lunch, Dinner, and Lodging at Provisião Farm or similar.
Day 2 - Waterfalls and pedal through Cocoa Plantations until Serra Grande
We will wake up early and soon after breakfast we will make a 26 km pedal along a beautiful country road to the waterfalls of Lagoa Encantada. After a bath in the lagoon, we will follow for another 14 km alongside roads shaded by cocoa plantations and the Atlantic Forest, crossing small farms, native forest areas, acai, palmito, and streams. We will have shaded climbs and a break at the Boa Esperança Farm, where the owner will welcome us with a delicious reinforced snack. With the energies recharged we will follow for another 14 km by dirt road located on a plateau, receiving the breeze of the Atlantic ocean and with views of the sea, until we reach an EcoLogde by the sea in Serra Grande.
After a well-deserved sea bath, a delicious welcome dinner will be waiting for us.
Distance: 54 km | Accumulated elevation: 1.010 meters
Day 3 - Explore Atlantic Forest
After breakfast, we will bike tour through the charming village of Serra Grande, get to know its dam and lookout points and head to Juerana Milagrosa Farm, where we will trek for about 20 minutes through the organic cocoa plantation in the middle of the Atlantic Forest and take a waterfall bath. We will be accompanied by Mr. Raimundo, who has lived in the area for over 50 years and is a great connoisseur of the forest.
Lunch will be served at the property's headquarters, with typical dishes made with fresh ingredients from the farm itself. In the evening we will have dinner in the village of Serra Grande.
Distance: 15 km | Accumulated elevation: 200 meters
Day 4 - Serra do Condurú State Park
Prepare your legs and cameras, because today we will have good climbs (over 1,300 meters) and chances of seeing many birds. After breakfast, we will travel approximately 15 km, by dirty road, to Serra do Condurú State Park, a Conservation Unit that houses the second largest diversity of trees in the world per hectare, according to the New York Botanical Garden, and therefore lots of birds.
Afterward, we will pass by the Rural Community of Barrocão, where we will be welcomed by the women of Doces Segredos da Floresta Association, for typical and reinforced snack and finally we will arrive at charming Vila Rosa, in Taboquinhas, where we will be welcomed by its natural pools and tropical garden. After lunch, we will tour the property and visit the chocolate factory.
The day ends with a boat trip along the Rio de Contas at dusk, between Taboquinhas and the village of Itacaré, where we will spend the night.
Distance: 46km | Accumulated elevation: 1,336 meters
Day 5 - Back to Ilhéus
We are going to say good-bye to Ilheus, after a big breakfast (7h00 - 8h00) followed by a transfer to the Ilhéus airport (8h00 - 09h45).
What is included
- MTB Cannondale rim 29 bike rental
- Accommodation: 4 nights in double accommodation
- Support vehicle during the pedal
- Professional mechanical support
- Transfer of luggage between accommodation places
- Food: breakfasts, 4 full meals, and 2 refreshments
- Drinks and fruits: Available all the way
- Transfer: arrival (Ilhéus Airport - Provision Farm) and departure (Pedra do Sabiá / Itacaré - Ilhéus Airport)
- Visit Cocoa Farm and Vila Rosa chocolate factory with tasting and day use
- Boat trip through the Contas Rivers at the sunset
- Advice on luggage organization and equipment purchase before the trip
- Collective first aid kit
- Bilingual driver specializing in cycle tourism and resident in the region, who will accompany the whole route by bike
- Life and personal accident insurance
What is not included
- Airline tickets
- Meals not described above
- Any services not specified as included
- Private Room
- Post pedal massage
What to bring
- 2 cycling shorts (with lining)
- 3 pairs of pedaling socks
- 2 t-shirts long pedaling sleeve (synthetic)
- 1 shoe or pedal shoe + 1 flip-flop
- 1 swim trunks/bikini
- 1 short
- 2 cotton t-shirts
- 1 cap
- 1 raincoat
- 1 Tactel fabric pant
- 1 light coat
- 1 backpack 30 L
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Cycling glasses
- 2 water bottles to attach to the board) and/or hydration backpack
- Energetic carbohydrate gel for consumption while cycling to complement the trail snack offered.
- LED headlamp or headlight to attach to bicycle handlebar
Conditions / Additional Information
- Payment: 50% on the booking confirmation and 50% within 45 days before departure
- Minimum group of 6 participants for the activity - see the possibility of smaller groups and their values
- If the group does not reach the minimum number of participants, the activity may be performed, upon payment by each participant of an additional amount to be informed
- Recommended for adventurers with experience in mountain biking, physically active and with the habit of cycling between 40 to 50km on rough terrain
- If the participant withdraws or cancels his / her participation in the activity, regardless of the reason, the following percentage of the amount to be returned will be considered, according to the advance of the withdrawal in relation to the start date of Trip:
Between 29 and 15 days - 20% of the total package
Less than 15 days - No return
- In case of cancellation by the organizer, participants will have a full refund of the amount paid.
Error: Contact form not found.