This trek is one of the wildest and least visited in Chapada Diamantina National Park.
6 - 7h walking per day
Day by day
Day 1 - Lençóis, Grisante Waterfall, Ribeirão River, Canyon of Fundão Waterfall and XXI
The trail starts in Lençóis, starting with a strong climb through the Grisante mountain range. After 2 hours of climb we will reach the Ribeirão Valley and descend to the canyon of Cachoeira do Fundão where we will walk approximately 3 hours over the riverbed. After a wonderful snack and bath to replenish the energy, we will climb another 20 minutes from Fundão to XXI canyon where we will spend the night at the base of one of the canyon walls.
Day 2 - XXI Waterfall, White Stream, Green Stream, Smoke Waterfall, Capão Valley
In the morning after breakfast, we will pass the XXI Waterfall and go up the White Stream and then the Green Stream. This is one of the most preserved places in Chapada! After approximately 3 and a half hours of walking, we will reach the top of the Smoke Waterfall. With its 380 meters high, this is the largest waterfall in Brazil. Then we will follow the trail and descend to Capão Valley.
What is included?
- An English/French/Spanish speaking local experient guide
- Breakfast, picnic, and dinner during the trek
- First aid kit
- Safety equipment (radio, rope, etc)
What is not included?
- Travel insurance
- Wi-Fi internet connection
- Personal Equipment
- Hotels and meals, before and after the end of the trekking
- First-day breakfast and last day dinner
- Beverages or anything else had sold during the activity
What to bring?
- Boots or hiking shoes (previously used)
- Camping Gear (tent, sleeping bag and thermal insulation) - Possible to rent
- One lightweight walking clothes
- One winter clothes
- Raincoat or Anorak
- Canteen or Pet BottlesHeadlamp + extra batteries
- Pocket knife
- Insect repellent
- Personal care kit (w / toilet paper)
- Plastic bags, to keep clothes dry (recommended 50 liters)
- Camera, memory cards and batteries
- Walking poles (optional)
- Sunglasses (optional)
- Camping Towel (optional)
- Extra clothes
- Good physical condition to face some challenges: steep climbs and descents, taking off shoes to cross-rivers, climb over some rocks, walking long distances.
- Inform the guide in case of dependence on medicines or health conditions (vegetarian or vegan meals, allergies, etc)
- Level: Hard
- 50% on the confirmation of booking transferred to guide bank account. The remainder can be either transferred to the bank account prior to the trip or at the start of the experience in cash
- Not refundable
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]