Amazon hiking, biking and kayaking │ 3 days
Looking for an Amazon hiking to experience Earth's largest forest?
Join us in this adventure in Presidente Figueiredo - the Waterfalls Land - right in the middle of the Amazon Rainforest.
Much is said about Amazon. Its immensity, ecological diversity, and importance to the planet. But have you ever thought about immersing yourself in the greatest ecological heritage in the world and experiencing its real value to life?
Enjoy, by the river, the best wild meal of your life (made by your host) and be surprised how tasty savage camping can be. Kayak its waters, bike, and hike through its vivid green forest, explore its caves and waterfalls on an adventure of a lifetime.
Your 3-day amazon adventure starts soon!
The itinerary can change due to climate conditions or any factor that the host judges dangerous to the integrity of the group
Day 1 - Bike Trip in Presidente Figueiredo
After picking you up at the hotel in Manaus we drive about 2h30m towards Presidente Figueiredo (The land of the waterfalls), where we gonna start our adventure by biking to the Mutum Waterfall, and your natural bathtubs.
During the afternoon we'll keep on riding the bikes along the jungle's single track, all the way to Neblina Waterfall. All the efforts are well worth it. The imposing sounds of the forest and of its residents are an experience itself, and the waters of the arrival point, mesmerizing.
While we set up the night camping, the day goes by bringing up more of the best moments of the trip. The wild dinner cooked by our host is just unforgettable and grilled fish will never taste the same again. The time at the dinner table will be also a good opportunity to spot nocturnal life. Be watchful.
Day 2 - Bike | Kayak | Hike!
Time for breakfast and back on bikes! Natural swimming pools and waterfalls are just an hour away and the track is full of natural beauty to be seen.
Jump off the bikes, get on the kayaks! The water adventure stars in the Urubu River in a 2-hour paddle.
After a stop for lunch, we are going to take an Amazon hiking for about 2 hours to find The Bats Cave, a small and very peculiar falling water spot. During the walk, take note of a "lesson" given by your guide about the Amazonian Ecosystem.
Back to the kayak. We have another 1-hour paddle till the night's camping site. A remote river beach, the perfect place to watch the Milky Way and the infinity of stars. Get your feet up, settle comfortably in the hammock, and appreciate nature's cinema!
Day 3 - Kayaking and Hiking - back to Manaus
Breakfast in nature is tastier, and today's isn't different. The morning sounds in the jungle are more than the energy needed for the enjoyable 4-hour Amazon hiking and kayaking trip ahead. The ending points are just stunning, so get your shorts ready.
After lunch, we pack up to drive the boat to Manaus. The way back, along the Urubu River, is as surprising as the days we have just had. Set the cameras and get your eyes open for the riverside life! We arrive at about 6:00 pm.
Price for the 3-day Amazon hiking, biking and kayaking
Starts from USD 370,00 per person.
What is included?
- Pick up and drop off at the hotel;
- English speaking guide;
- Food and water;
- Cycling, Canoeing, and camping equipment,
What is not included?
- Breakfast on the first day
- Personal hygiene products
- Beverages or anything else had sold during the activity
What to bring
- Long-sleeved shirts
- Mosquito repellent
- Small knife
- Thermos bottle
- Trekking shoes
- Hammocks Camping
Requirements & Additional Information
- At least 18 years old.
- Good physical condition to face some challenges: steep climbs and descents, taking off shoes to cross-rivers, climb over some rocks, walking long distances.
- Inform the guide in case of dependence on medicines or health conditions
- Prices are subject to change at any moment. You must send an inquiry to receive an official offer. Confirmed reservations are not subject to price changes.
Join us in the Amazon
Live an adventure in the land of the Amazon waterfalls. Join one of our groups or pick your own date:
Totally immersed in nature
A colleague and I decided to do the Urubur River Expedition. It was a private tour and most of the time we weren’t seeing any other humans at all on the river! Since we wanted to also see the beautiful waterfalls of Presidente Figueiredo, the guide arranged to add an additional day for seeing some of the best waterfalls and at night we were sleeping next to a very beautiful waterfall!
During the trip, we saw some snakes, a family of giant otters (that was really amazing!), caimans, monkeys, and birds. You cant expect it to be a zoo though. The Amazon is not the best place to spot animals, it’s more about being totally immersed in nature. Especially sleeping in the forest every night was a very nice thrill and experience. Also seeing one of the most beautiful star skies, the forest full of fireflies, and doing kayak alone on the river in the early morning hours are very special experiences. It’s very hot all the time but the river is nice to get a fresh bath anytime you need.
The guides are very nice people and really great cooks that were able to provide awesome food every day in the limited environment. Everything was well organized and its a very authentic and environmentally-respectful trip. I really loved it! But it’s also not for everybody. You should not expect it to be like a zoo and you should be able to enjoy just being on the river and seeing the forest for hours (could be monotonic for some people). Also kayaking for 200 KM can be exhausting, although there is always the option that the guide helps you with some parts.
Truly immersive and felt very authentic
My friend and I went on a 9-day trip to the Amazon. The guide was wonderful and kind guide, and the experience was truly once in a lifetime. He is very flexible and understanding, willing to accommodate any issues or personal preferences. The trip was truly immersive and felt very authentic all the while staying true to its environmentally-friendly label. Could not recommend more to anyone looking to live a thrill!
Authentic and private Amazonian experience with great guides!
I went on this tour with my three friends and our two guides. This was an amazing experience! We spent 5 days canoeing and 4 nights camping on the Urubu River. We went to a few waterfalls and into a bat cave. We also did the piranha fishing. HereR17;s what you’re probably asking:
1. What about the bugs? Not a problem AT ALL. We arrived from Florida and the mosquitoes in the Amazon aren’t even close to the mosquitoes we have in the US. We were told the water is too acidic for the mosquitoes and this proved to be true. No other bugs bothered us.
2. What about showers and the bathroom? Well it is camping. The river is very refreshing and cool after a long day of paddling. Each campsite also has little offshoot trails where you can find some privacy if you need it.
3. What is the sleeping arrangement? You will sleep in a big cloth hammock with a blanket. This was super comfortable and peaceful. Each hammock will have a tarp over it to protect you from the rain and the open air is nice so it doesn’t get stuffy.
4. What do you eat? The guide is a fantastic chef! He brought a propane burner to cook and made us gourmet meals the entire trip. We ate better at camping than we did in the city. He also prepares meals using native food like plantains, fish, tapioca, fruit juices, and farinha. I am vegetarian and he even accommodated me with hard-boiled eggs each day. The food definitely does not disappoint.
5. What if I don’t paddle much? I had only done light paddleboarding before this trip and I have very little upper body strength. I was able to finish this trip with no problems. The paddling is easy going so you can take your time. The guides will help if you are tired. And at the end of the trip (depending on your type of trip), we were hooked up to a motor and were able to enjoy the river for a few hours without paddling.
6. What about the animals? We saw many beautiful birds (macaws, parrots, vultures, etc). We also saw some cool bugs and reptiles though not too many. We did not see any jaguars but did see some fresh jaguar footprints. We heard howler monkeys at night and little creatures scurrying around. Mostly you will hear the jungle but you won’t see too much. It is very nice.
Lastly, the guides were very helpful during the entire process. They were quick to answer emails and picked us up/dropped us off wherever we needed in Manaus. They also were happy to answer any questions. They made us feel very comfortable and I think this is one of the best private and authentic tours out there!
A very Amazonian experience!
A great expedition! A very Amazonian experience. For those who like forest, nature, river, I highly recommend it!
It’s a trip that is well worth it!
I know many places in the Amazon and this is one that will always stay in my memory. The landscape that surrounds the Urubu river is rich and still relatively preserved, the cave along the trail is unforgettable. It’s a trip that is well worth it! I always recommend it to friends.
The guide is very knowledgeable and professional
The guide is very knowledgeable and professional that provides a great overview of the area with local insights.
A truly unforgettable experience
A sensational and truly unforgettable experience. That’s what this adventure offers its customers. We went on the kayak tour on the Urubu River and it was indescribable. I recommend it to everyone who wants to take a trip to never forget. In the middle of the Amazon and with all the safety and instructions from the guides. Amazon hiking and food. Sensational. We want to congratulate everyone for the great organization and focus on the customer experience. We didn’t just have a tour, we met friends and had a lot of fun.
An experience that we will remember forever!
There were immersed in the beauties and mysteries of the Amazon, with about 50km of mountain bike through three waterfalls in Presidente Figueiredo plus 200km of kayak through the formidable Urubu River. A program for those who want to disconnect from the world to dive body and soul into nature: sleeping in hammocks, making fire to cook, seeing all kinds of animals (monkeys, sloths, turtles, fish, macaws, toucans, butterflies, dragonflies, pica -sticks and various insects, of course!) and challenge your head and physique with many hours of physical activity and isolation. Simple and delicious meals. Equipment (bike, boat, hammocks…) suitable for the moment. A trip where you need to take a breath to face the journey of up to 8 hours paddling and letting go to live a simple life in the jungle. It is important to have some basic items in your luggage, such as a flashlight, a mini pharmacy, snacks for during exercise… An experience that we will remember forever, especially the encounters with the (very rare) locals.
All you have to do is enjoy the good vibes
Unique connection and experience that these guides provide you!! A trip to do with friends or alone where they are concerned with all safety, comfort, food and hydration. All you have to do is enjoy the good vibes, the breeze from the river and the waterfall, enjoy nature and relax!!
A realization of the dream!
This tour was a realization of the dream of kayaking on some river in the Amazon, spending wonderful hours of contemplation. As a break, I discovered new trails, both by bike and hiking, and distant and difficult to access waterfalls. The organization of the tour was perfect, and the relaxed atmosphere also contributed to making the tour unforgettable.
The guide gave us the best introduction to the Amazon Rainforest!
Thanks to our guide for the amazing 3-day experience full of adventure. You gave us the best introduction to the amazon rainforest. Mountain biking to the waterfalls, hiking to an amazing lookout point over the forest, canoeing on the river and the sound of howling monkeys in the middle of the night made this trip perfect for us. The way he prepared everything is very impressive. It was quite tough as well so you do need some physical fitness for this, but I feel we could keep up the pace fine. We will see you soon in Amsterdam!
POST A COMMENT