Located on the Cocoa Coast, in southern Bahia, the small town of Itacaré offers surf, paradise beaches, waterfalls and all the joy of Bahia. Known as “The Hawaii of Brazil”, this city has been frequented by surfers since the '80s and is currently a place where people go to connect with nature's tropical climate and an average temperature of 27 degrees.
The Surf School offers to everyone who wants to have the experience of surfing, a program with 6 days of surf lessons with experienced instructors, who will adapt to your surf level, held on our daily pick of the stunning surf beaches. Each lesson consists of approximately 4 hours on the beach, not counting headquarters preparation time nor trips to and from the beaches, and in small, same-level groups with a guaranteed minimum ratio of 1 instructor per 3 students, in order to get you maximum individual learning progress during your surf course. Besides, you'll learn about waves, tide, swell, currents, peaks, rules, surf lingo etc., in our complete Surf Manual that you will receive by email.
Please note that we require a minimum of 4 surfing days (not counting Sundays which are off, nor arrival and departure dates so as to avoid conflicts with flight schedules), because we believe that 4 days only is already a very short number of lessons to actually learn something from the beginning or even to correct something, and thus it is our minimum limit for acceptance of a course duration in order to develop a good job on our part.
To further accelerate learning success, the surf lessons from Monday to Friday are filmed with digital equipment by our cameraman. The video is watched and analyzed in seminars (Mon-Fri) that usually happens at the Surf School headquarter right after the practical lesson, with an average duration between 1h and 1.5h. These seminars are taught by one of the instructors who will comment on the waves and pinpoint corrections, setting individual goals for the next day.
What is included
- An experienced surf instructor (English and Portuguese speaking)
- Surfing Equipment (all surfboard types and shapes provided, rash guards, leashes, wax, hats, and carrying straps)
- Daily transportation to the beaches
- Approx. 4 hours on the beach (not counting headquarters preparation time nor trips to and from the beaches)
- Photos taken on Saturdays and videos taken on Monday to Friday are a courtesy (downloadable links sent by email)
What is not included
- Airport shuttle
- Accident insurance
What to bring
- UV shirt
- Bath suit
- Must know how to swim
- All our prices are subject to change at any moment. You must send an inquiry to receive an official offer. Confirmed reservations are not subject to price changes
- Please note that we do not count arrival and departure dates as surfing days, so as to avoid conflicts between flight schedules and surf sessions Still since we need to rest once in a while, please note that the Surf School is closed on Sundays (= no surf classes)
- To confirm your reservation we ask for a 30% down payment and your signature in a travel contract. Also, the remaining value should be paid a maximum of 30 days in advance of your arrival
- The Surf School guarantees admin. and instructional quality of its surf courses, but not weather conditions or individual improvement
- The Surf School reserves the right to cancel surf activities if conditions become dangerous, whereas a substitute program will be offered
- The participant may cancel the contract at any time. All resignations must be submitted in writing
- In case of cancellation before the beginning date of the package, only 70% of complete payments in advance will be refunded. Down payments, up to 30% of the complete package price will be not be refunded
- In case of cancellation on the beginning date of the package or later, no payments will be refunded