4 days in the most splendid landscape of Chapada Diamantina
This is a breathtaking adventure in Ibicoara, south of Chapada Diamantina, where we will walk through high altitude fields and impressive canyons. On this 2-day trek to Fumacinha Waterfall, we will visit this sanctuary, as few do, above and below, contemplating all its grandeur. During the route, we will climb a mountain, cross rivers, forests and cool down ourselves in beautiful waterfalls and pools. An ideal adventure for those seeking an immersion in nature and a good challenge. After the trek, on the last day of this experience, we come to a perfect closing, visiting the splendid Buracão Waterfall, one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Brazil.
Day by Day
Day 1- Arrival in Ibicoara & Dinner with your Guide
The fastest way to arrive in Ibicoara is through the city of Vitória da Conquista (BA), which receives flights from different places in Brazil. From there a transfer (you can also rent a car) will take you to the place where we will be staying the first night. A dinner with your guide will be offered, where a briefing of the trip will be made, giving instructions about minimum impact practices and checking the group's trekking equipment.
Day 2 - Climb to the top of Cachoeira da Fumacinha
We start the adventure by car until the beginning of Caldo de Cana do Mário, which is in the village of Baixão, 30 km from the city of Ibicoara. We will do a 30-minute walk on the trail until we reach the Lagão (Big Pool). We follow the trail through canyons, forests and stop at Cachoeira do Encontro to refresh ourselves where we will have a delicious snack.
We will go up for two more hours until we arrive at Gerais do Maxambomba, and we are faced with a beautiful panoramic view of the Serra do Sincorá. After a quick rest, we continue the walk to the viewpoint of Cachoeira da Fumacinha, where we will stop to contemplate an incredible view of the canyon and a waterfall where we can bathe and have a snack prepared by the guide. Continuing the trail, we will go to Toca do Vaqueiro (old stone shelter), where we spend the night in a century-old stone house, full of stories. In front, there is a beautiful river to relax while the guide prepares dinner.
Day 3 - Descent with a visit to Fumacinha Waterfall
After a breakfast prepared by the guide, we will be ready for another day of adventure contemplating the beautiful landscape of the Gerais. We walked for two hours, going down the mountain to the canyon. We followed the course of the Riacho das Pedras river for another hour until we saw the Cachoeira da Fumacinha. In a wild setting, we will enter the cave to see a fascinating waterfall 100m high up close. We will bathe in a large lake while the guide prepares a snack.
After this moment of relaxation, we will continue the trail down the course of the river for two hours to Poço do Encontro for a bath, following the trail between rocks and kill for another two hours until the beginning of the trail, where we will recover our energy with a delicious cane juice.
Day 4 - Buracão Waterfall / Return to Vitória da Conquista
To end the adventure, we come to a perfect closing, visiting one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Chapada Diamantina. With approximately 85 meters of free fall and an impressive volume of water, the waterfall has a winding canyon, surrounded by walls almost 100 meters high and a beautiful waterfall. On the way back, we will enjoy the beauty of Cachoeira das Orquídeas, where it will be possible to sunbathe on the rocks by the river. After the activity, we will return to the accommodation where we will take the bags and head back to Vitória da Conquista.
How to get there
The best way to get to Ibicoara is by flying to Vitória da Conquista, where you can find many direct flights from all over Brazil. From the airport, you have a 3 hour-drive to Ibicoara. You can either rent a car or hire a transfer from the airport at your booking with PlanetaEXO. Another way to get to Ibicoara is by car. To drive from Salvador to Ibicoara, the estimated duration is 7 hours and 460 km distance.
What is included
- A local English-speaking guide
- Transfers for the start/end of the treks.
- Meals as described in the itinerary
- Camping Equipment (Tent, Sleeping Bag, Thermal insulation (weight will be divided by group)
- First aid kit
What is not included
- Transfer from/to Vitória da Conquista airport. Can be booked for an additional R$ 1.500 (that can be split up to 6 people)
- Travel insurance
- Drinks or anything else sold during the activity
What to bring?
- Personal backpack (minimum 40 liters)
- Sunscreen + hat + UV glasses
- 1.5l water bottle or Camelbak
- Comfortable walking shoes and socks or sneakers protecting the ankle and suitable sockets
- Headlamp (and additional batteries)
- Personal hygiene kit (with toilet paper)
- Two light walking clothes (light pants and long-sleeved shirt)
- Sleepwear (long shirt and pants, can be cold at night)
- Sandals for the night (optional)
- Microfiber Towel
- Lodging in Pousada (1 and 3 days)
- Camping (2 days)
Requirements & Additional Information
- Minimum age 18 years old
- Good physical conditions to face some challenges: steep climbs and descents, taking off shoes to cross rivers, climbing some rocks, walking long distances.
- Inform the guide in case of dependence on medications or health conditions (allergies, pressure, etc.) or meal preferences (vegetarian or vegan).
- Prices are subject to change at any time. You must request more information to receive the correct amount. Confirmed reservations are not subject to price changes.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
POST A COMMENT