Mixila Waterfall is one of the most beautiful treks of Chapada Diamantina – full of places to take a bath, caves, ruins, and old buildings made by diamond miners. To get to the waterfall, we will need to camp, enjoying a lovely night with a starry sky: a magical atmosphere.
Distance walked: 30 km
Distance traveled by car: 9 km
Duration: 2 days, 1 night
Leaving Lençóis: 8:00
Return to Lençóis: 18:00
Day by day
Day 1 - Poção Waterfall, Mixila Waterfall
The first part is between Lençóis and Capivara Community, being possible to be done by 4x4 vehicles, motorcycle, or on foot. This route is known as Garimpo´s Trail and it has a 9kmof extension.
We will start to go up in the Serra do Bode, approximately 50 minutes of a steep ascent, contemplating the Marimbu´s region and São José River. During the trek, it's possible to see ruins, caves, and old buildings made by the diamond miners.
We will follow in flat land in the direction of Poção Waterfall, where we will set camp. After lunch, we will cool down at the waterfall. We will leave our backpacks in the camp place and head to Mixila Waterfall.
The way to Mixilia is fascinating. We will walk on the rocks in a narrow canyon, full of moss on the wall and untouched vegetation. It will be necessary to cross two water wells and swim to hit Mixila Waterfall. We will return in the same way back in the direction of our camping place to have dinner and sleep.
Duration: 7hrs | Distance: 14km | Altitude 1.000
Day 2 - Capivari waterfall, Capivara valley, Ribeirão do Meio River
After a delicious breakfast, we will start the trail in the direction of Capivari Waterfall – almost 50 meters high. We will visit the top of the waterfall, where it´s possible to have a view of three famous valleys: Capivari Valley, Capivara Valley, and Muriçoca Valley.
We will go down for 20 minutes in a steep descent to contemplate the Capivari Waterfall. After a bath, we will keep going down in Serra do Bode in the direction of Capivara River, where we will enjoy a unique view of Capivara Valley´s landscape.
After having a snack, we will walk 6km up to Ribeirão do Meio, a place famous for its natural toboggan. The way back to Lençóis is in a forested and light trail of 40 minutes.
Duration: 6hrs | Distance: 16km | Altitude 1.000
All tours can change due to the weather, but can also be adapted to the needs.
What is included?
- English speaking guide
- Camping Equipment (Tent, Sleeping bag, and sleeping pad).
- Meals as described in the itinerary: Day 1: Lunch, Snack and Dinner/ Day 2: Breakfast and Lunch Snack
- Transportation from and to Lençois to the start of the trek
- Personal Insurance
What is not included?
- Optional tips to your lead adventure guides
- Personal expenses such as medical immunizations or phone calls
- Hotels and meals after the end of the trekking
- First-day breakfast and last day dinner
- Beverages or anything else had sold during the activity
What to bring?
- Trekking shoes
- 1,5L bottle of water
- Personal use medicine
- Backpack (minimum 45 liters)
- Light towel
- Light jacket
- Cap or hat
- Mosquito Repellent
- Long sleeve shirt
- Tent / Camp
Requirements & Additional Information
- Good physical condition to face some challenges: steep climbs and descents, taking off shoes to cross-rivers, climb over some rocks, walking long distances.
- Inform the guide in case of dependence on medicines or health conditions (vegetarian or vegan meals, allergies, etc)
- There is no internet or phone signal during the trekking, perfect to give yourself a break and fully connect with nature.
- Prices are subject to change at any moment. You must send an inquiry to receive an official offer. Confirmed reservations are not subject to price changes.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]