Currently, Mixila Waterfall is one of the main treks in Chapada Diamantina, because we need only one night to know it and for being a trail with several bathing options.
6h walking per day
Day by day
Day 1 - Lençóis, Serra do Bode, Capivari Waterfall, Poção Waterfall
Leaving Lençóis, follow an old mining road that connects Lençóis to Andaraí for about 9 km by car, after starting the climb of Serra do Bode, where we have beautiful views of the Marimbus and São José River floodplains. After 2:30h we’ll be arriving at Capivari Waterfall to have a bath and a picnic, then continue walking for more 40 minutes to Poção Waterfall, where we will spend the night in the wild camp and have a delicious dinner.
Day 2 - Potion Waterfall, Mixila Waterfall, Serra do Bode, Lençóis
After a good breakfast, following the Capivari River towards the fantastic Mixila waterfall, we have to cross two pools swimming as there are no trails (no walking space), two hours late arriving to some of the most beautiful waterfalls of Chapada Diamantina, the Mixila. After bathing and contemplation, return to the camp, where to eat and then pick up our equipment and return down to Serra do Bode and then to the mines road, where we will have a car waiting to take us back to Lençóis.
What is included?
- An English/French/Spanish speaking local experient guide
- Breakfast, picnic, and dinner during the trek
- First aid kit
- Transfer from Lençóis to where the trail starts and the way back to return
- Safety equipment (radio, rope, etc)
What is not included?
- Travel insurance
- Wi-Fi internet connection
- Personal Equipment
- Hotels and meals, before and after the end of the trekking
- First-day breakfast and last day dinner
- Beverages or anything else had sold during the activity
What to bring?
- Boots or hiking shoes (previously used)
- Camping Gear (tent, sleeping bag and thermal insulation) - Possible to rent
- One lightweight walking clothes
- One winter clothes
- Raincoat or Anorak
- Canteen or Pet BottlesHeadlamp + extra batteries
- Pocket knife
- Insect repellent
- Personal care kit (w / toilet paper)
- Plastic bags, to keep clothes dry (recommended 50 liters)
- Camera, memory cards and batteries
- Walking poles (optional)
- Sunglasses (optional)
- Camping Towel (optional)
- Extra clothes
- Good physical condition to face some challenges: steep climbs and descents, taking off shoes to cross-rivers, climb over some rocks, walking long distances
- Inform the guide in case of dependence on medicines or health conditions (vegetarian or vegan meals, allergies, etc)
- Level: Moderate
- Requires swim
- 50% on the confirmation of booking transferred to guide bank account. The remainder can be either transferred to the bank account prior to the trip or at the start of the experience in cash
- Not refundable
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]